Frequently asked questions


What should I do with the passport of a deceased person?


The passport should be returned by mail to Passport Canada for cancellation at the following address:

Passport Canada Program
Gatineau QCK1A 0G3

Please include a copy of the death certificate and a letter indicating if the cancelled passport should be destroyed or returned to you.

Don't see your answer here?

Look for your question on the Frequently asked questions main page.